Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2000 1:43 AM
Subject: Florida Recount Update
From: Don Evans, Chairman, Bush-Cheney Campaign
This is an urgent message to supporters of Governor George W. Bush and Secretary Dick Cheney regarding the situation in Florida.
It is now clear we must raise money to fund the recount effort in Florida. Governor Bush won the vote on Election Day, a victory confirmed by a recount. Now, the other side is seeking yet a third count by hand. There is a reason why ballots are counted by computer and not by hand.
The expense of the recount effort must be funded immediately. Please send a check in any amount that you can up to $5000 today. These contributions, in keeping with Governor Bush's "full disclosure" policy on financial contributions, will be posted on the Bush-Cheney website. Any funds not spent will be returned on a pro rata basis.
1. Checks must be personal, not corporate.
2. Checks should be payable to Bush-Cheney Recount Fund.
3. Mail or overnight check to:
Donald L. Evans
301 Congress Avenue
2nd Floor/Bush-Cheney Recount Fund
Austin, Texas 78701
4. These funds do not count against your annual personal federal giving limit of $25,000.
Thank you for your friendship and support. If you have friends that can help, please forward this message to them immediately. We thank you for all that you did to help elect Governor Bush and Secretary Cheney. We also thank you in advance for your willingness to help us during this important time in the life of our country.
----------(print and use form below)-----------
BUSH-CHENEY RECOUNT FUND REPLY FORM
ALL CONTRIBUTORS PLEASE COMPLETE
Corporate and foreign national contributions are not permitted under federal law. Only Personal funds are permitted. Contributions to Bush-Cheney Recount Fund are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes.
The contribution to Bush-Cheney Recount Fund drawn on check #___________ of the account named as _______________________, represents our personal funds and is not drawn on an account maintained by an incorporated entity.
Signature of Original Contributor
Signature of Spouse
(must be signed by both spouses)
* Please make check payable to:
Bush-Cheney Recount Fund
* Please mail or overnight express to:
Donald L. Evans
301 Congress Avenue, Suite 200
Austin, TX 78701
* Please do not send more than $5000 per person.
* In keeping with Governor Bush's policy of "full disclosure" of financial contributions, your name will be posted as a contributor to Bush-Cheney Recount Fund on the Bush-Cheney website.
* Any monies not expended for this purpose will be returned on a pro rata basis.
If you wish to unsubscribe from the eChampion mailing list, simply click here:
(unsubscribed line removed by fh)